home     sightings     words     music     podcast     images     journal     forum     contact

Friday, July 22, 2016

From Black Country to Black Sea

Friday 22 July

In a few short hours my family and I will be swapping the warm sunny climes of the West Midlands, and armed with bucket loads of sun cream, shades and light fitting clothes, we will be boarding a plane for warm sunny Burgas in Bulgaria. From there we will be travelling to the new 18-30 holiday of choice, Sunny Beach.

When my wife first suggested this as a kind of middle ground alternative to going to Russia, I had no idea of the legendary reputation of the place as magnet for youngsters looking to drink, get brown, drink some more, and well, do it all over again.

I'm assured by my wife that we will be staying in a few miles away from the main area of binge drinking and projectile vomiting and the pictures of the resort we are booked into look very nice, spacious golden sandy beaches etc, but I'm reserving judgement until I actually see it. After all, Bognor Regis can be made to look nice with the right kind of lighting and lenses and a few clicks of Photoshop.

We will be meeting my wife's father there and will spending a week living it up on cheap booze, sun and sea. I'm sure there will be loads of things to do and see, I think my father in law wants to visit a healing natural mud bog or something At some point, which sounds right up my street. Plus if we get too bored we can order a couple of cheap prostitutes!!

I have to admit that I'm not a fan of beach holidays, I like to go exploring, ultimately get lost and have to call the authorities to come and rescue me. I'm hoping though that the next week will be relaxing, with little stress (by that I mean no losing small t or my phone, or getting a healthy dose of food poisoning or sun stroke.

I'll be recording my daily movements (not the ones your thinking off) in this blog journal thing and hope that it provides some light relief for those friends who stumble across it during the days ahead.

Your intrepid reporter big T.

Location:Black Country