home     sightings     words     music     podcast     images     journal     forum     contact

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Russian Journal 2013 - day 10




Day 10 - Aqua Power

Two full days of Black Sea action to go before flying back to Moscow for a couple of days. Then home to the UK for two weeks minus small Treadwell, oh, and the wife.

Today we went to the beach in the morning. In the afternoon we took a bus to the nearby Aqua Park.

It's a big place with a smaller children's area and pool with several slides, plus two other larger pools with much bigger slides for adults. Both Vladimir and I did the highest slides which really rockets you down at a pretty scary velocity. You hit the water before you know what the hell is going on. Usually making half a tonne of chorine shoot up your nose.

Small Treadwell really wanted to do the big slides with me but the age limit is ten years and older. I can see why to be honest. He enjoyed the smaller area though and was kept entertained elsewhere by seeing Grandad's big belly hit the water when he came down one of the slides.

We stayed a couple of hours and then took the rather hot and sticky bus ride back to town.

I don't think I've ever been as sun tanned as I am now. Today my thighs suffered the most and as I write this from bed I can feel the soreness of the red skin.

We aim to get up early tomorrow and go back to Praskoveyevka by bus. Vladimir wants to saviour that wonderful clear water one more time before we leave. He's feeling a bit feverish tonight so I really don't know if we'll make it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home