home     sightings     words     music     podcast     images     journal     forum     contact

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Russian Journal 2013

The good ship Vladimir.


Today's antics started around 9.30 when small Treadwell awoke. He'd made it through the night next to his grandad.

Ira and Vlad had stepped out to get some essentials for breakfast. That being fruit, cognac. In the spirit of improvisation and a low budget we are free styling our meals. For today's other two meals we tried out the homegrown food of the apartment where we are staying. Lunch was a soup followed by rice and mince cutlet thing. And dinner was an aubergine skin filled with something, god knows what. But it was fairly tasty.

Today panned out much like yesterday. The walk to the beach takes at least 45 minutes due to Max's protests and complaints of being tired. We usually end up carrying him. An ice cream usually helps him along though. Today Vladimir decided he wanted to try the bus so we waited and waited for one and when it arrived it was packed. So we thought, hey, we'll just walk. Vladimir however had other ideas and wanted to wait and wait. Despite our enthusiasm to just walk he just decided that is what we were going to do.

I realise now that this really isn't my holiday. Yes, well in a way it is, but I really haven't had a say in where we a staying, where we go or what we eat. That's all been decided for me. Yes, some good choices have been made and I can't complain but again this is pretty much Vladimir's ship and I am just along for the ride. I let him pretty much get on with things because to resist would take up far to much energy and time. I just can't be bothered.

Max is coping pretty well at the moment but has been getting away with some pretty horrendous behaviour. It's no good trying to administer any kind of punishment when grandad is buying him ice cream on demand. Today Max was again enjoying being in the sea, which was a little colder than yesterday.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in on of those summer On The Buses films with Reg Varney, but transplanted to Russia. We got some right old looks from some of the natives today when we unveiled our pasty white foreign bodies. And when I was shouting at Max for throwing pebbles and various other things. One guy was just constantly staring in our direction.

My birthday is looming in a few days and I'm dreading any kind of attempt from Vladimir at entering me into a frenzied state of happiness. I don't like a lot of fuss. I like to remain incognito. If he's planning a trip to the local nudist beach he can forget it.

Tomorrow the plan is to get up early and get some pre noon rays in before the suns radiation gets so powerful it takes the first layer if skin off within five minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home