home     sightings     words     music     podcast     images     journal     forum     contact

Monday, July 22, 2013

Russian Journal 2013 - Day 15




Day 15 - Back to Blighty.

It's home time for me. The end of another year's visit to the mother land.

I'm glad to say that this year has been a lot better to cope with than previous years when we have remained in the country house for the duration.

The holiday in the south has been something I think all of us needed. Max got a seaside holiday which provided adventure, swimming and an abundance of ice cream. My wife and her Dad got much needed sun and rest. And I got, apart from the pleasure of seeing them happy, different surroundings, sun, a chance to swim in the sea everyday! Something I haven't and wouldn't probably attempt in the UK. And I got a bit of a rest too. At least I can say with confidence that this year I really did have a holiday to remember. I think we all did.

Despite the horrible start with missing the flight. All forgotten now. And the nasty return to Moscow and awful weather there, I think the between bits were great. As good as any seaside holiday to Spain.

I will miss Small Treadwell in the next few weeks but am sure he will continue to enjoy his iced diet and to watch the episodes of Doctor Who that I've left for him on the iPad during down time. For me now, two weeks holiday from my family. Some would say a godsend. It is in a way. But as they say, you never fully realise how much you depend and miss someone until they are not there!

Glad to report that both plane journey and drive from Manchester to Birmingham was without incident. In fact driving down the motorway and looking on those rolling English hills while listening to some excellent folk music on BBC Radio Shropshire's Sunday Folk programme brought a tear to the eye and made me realise just what I love about England. Gawd bless her.

Right, where's the chippie and the ale!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home